Friday, December 12, 2008

time for the razzle dazzle

That is my way of saying we are painting the nursery tomorrow! I am so excited to finally get it done. As my mom tells me-I am not good at the patience thing-I like to plan and then I like it to be done. I don't like the actual doing part! haha

I am one of those people that have REALLY good ideas when it comes to being creative but the finished product is not always what I pictured. I just think that sometimes my ideas are too big for my low level of handiness ....yes I made that word up.

So tomorrow pray for us :) I have changed the stripe plan up (from the previous post) to better match up with our skill level. We thought about having someone come in and do the stripes for us but thats no fun. I want to be able to say, "Isaiah-mommy, daddy and other friends and family worked so hard on getting this room together for you." Can't really do that if i have someone else do it-plus to be honest paying for a painter is not where I want to spend our money. I would rather gets lots of razzle dazzle for his room. I am notorious for only spending money on bargains. If I can't get it on sale then most likely I won't get it. From the research I have done painters don't have sales. I mean come on-they need to get with the program!
SO tomorrow my grandpa is heading over to help lead the charge. He is the only one that has any kind of true painting experience (I don't really count my painting my room bright aqua experience considering I had my mom do most of it) so I label him Boss man tomorrow. I will be sure and take before and after pictures.

Heres to hoping it looks as good as it does in my mind. Oh and I am working on some fun art projects for the walls . Again-pray these look as good as I am hoping!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My sweet daghter,

You sure didn't get creative talents from your mother! My little grandson's room is going to be so cute and I love that you have asked your Grandpa to help. I know that he likes being involved and also Grandma loved going with you to the doctor and see her great grandson's face! This is such a blessing and I know that you and Gabe are going to be wonderful parents! Just think next Christmas we will have a little one. Grandpa Dan wants to know when he can start buying him cool toys! Love you all! Mom