Thursday, July 3, 2008

what is a girl to do...

*Update: as you can see I wrote this before the 4th but never got around to posting it. So no I am not that pregnant that I didn't realize that it is actually July 7th :)
So many things going on for the 4th this year and I was thinking today "wow me and baby H are gonna be tired." BUT then I thought you know this could be the last 4th that I can just do what I want and not have to worry about packing a diaper bag, does this conflict with the baby's nap time, pack enough bottles, pack extra diapers, pack extra clothes in case of spills or accidents and anything else pertaining to a baby. So I decided what the heck we better live it up. Please don't think we are like super cool and going to some hot party but we are going to be busy! We will head to the pool tomorrow with a group of friends (if it doesn't rain) then we will go over to the River where they are having Freedom Fest...I did get some VIP passes for this from work so in that way we are super cool. :) Actually in all honestly this just lets us park free and then gets us some refreshments but hey I get to wear a wrist band that says VIP on it! haha Then Saturday we are heading up to the lake to see the folks and go on their boat (again if it doesn't rain). So pretty busy for the next fun days.

As I am gearing up for this weekend I keep thinking so many different questions. Like "how long can I stay in the sun?" or "is it ok to ride in a boat with a baby?" But then I think umm so many women don't even find out they are pregnant until 6-8 weeks and they do all their normal day things. And the two questions I have been asking myself I took part in while pregnant without knowing it. So I have come to the conclusion me and baby will be fine. And as one of my friends pointed out that the sun really isn't good for you to bake in any day so I just need to take care of my skin no matter what. So I will be lathering up on sunscreen and staying hydrated.

So heres to white gloppy sunscreen and ice cold water! Happy 4th blog friends!!!

No comments: