Thursday, July 24, 2008

Here comes the bride...



So this weekend one of my best friends is getting married! I have known Megan since I was in the 8th grade and we have been pretty much inseparable ever since-well except for that one year that we argued and we to this day can't remember why...oh the minds of teenagers. :)


I am one of the bridesmaids and that is such an honor. I am not a serial bridesmaid...I was definetly not the "always a bridesmaid never a bride." I was actually a bride before I was ever a bridesmaid. Megan was my maid of honor so it is so nice to be standing up there with her and being there for her as she was for me over 4 years ago. Tomorrow is the rehearsal dinner and during the day we are going to get our pedicures.

On Saturday she will be marrying Luke and I couldn't think of a better fit for her. I don't know Luke all that well (at least not as much as I would like) due to us living in different cities, but I see how happy he makes her and that gets him my stamp of approval. It is going to be a beautiful wedding and I am so excited to see her all dressed in her wedding attire-she is going to be a gorgeous bride.

As I have been talking to her through this whole planning process it has reminded me of my wedding. It is hard to believe that over 4 years ago I walked down the aisle and became Gabe's wife. It has truly been the best 4 years of my life and now to know we are about to embark on a new chapter in our journey together is just reminds me how good God is. I am definitely pulling out my wedding video to watch this weekend. It's funny because even though I have watched it a few times I always get those butterflies in my stomach and just giddy every time the video starts. I know a lot of people are stressed on their wedding day but it was such an amazing day for me. I think I just knew there was nothing I could do to fix any last minute problems so I just enjoyed the day. I pray that Megan would truly enjoy this day because it is over before you know it and its just not worth it to stress all day.

What were your wedding days like? Were there any last minute fiascoes? Any funny stories? (as you can tell I am asking questions because I want you people to comment!) :)

I will post pics of the wedding hopefully later this week!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Awww, this was a very sweet post. I loved it. Thanks so much! I loved being your maid of honor and I can't wait for you to be apart of my wedding day!!