Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Dark Knight is Coming!

Baby meets Batman. Gives me great inspiration on how to dress my kid. We are going to LOVE Toys 'R Us!

So, I already bought tickets to the IMAX showing of The Dark Knight next weekend. A full 10 days in advance. Who DOES that? Batman, I tell you!

So by now, you've probably figured out I'm a Batman nut. How did this begin, you ask? Ah, let me share with you how Batman began...

In 8th grade, my brother somehow met a man who lived in our neighborhood named Jack Burnley. Jack was the Superman/Batman artist for DC Comics from 1939-1945 (approximately). He had every Batman comic book you can imagine, especially from the Golden Age. Heck, he drew them! Mr. Burnley has since passed on, but not before he gave me 2 autographed color prints of both Superman and Batman. So, in those days, I immersed myself in the life of the Dark Knight. (Nobody's found me since.) I read Batman comics, drew Batman pictures, and listened to Batman audio dramas. I collected any and all Batman-related memorabilia. I still have some of that stuff.

So, when you hear me talking about the Batcave, the Batmobile, Batpod, or any of that stuff, you've gotta know I'm only kidding. Or am I? Could I have somehow assumed the mantle of the bat and continued to fight crime? Well, you sleep safely at night don't you? You tell me.



"Out of the darkness... comes the Knight."

1 comment:

924design said...

I don't think Gabe should be allowed to post anymore.