Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Happy Birthday to Us!

Hey fellow readers. Sorry it has been a while since the last update. We have had a busy last few days. Last Friday (July 11th) was my birthday (Kara) and then July 15th was Gabe's.
Gabe surprised me on Thursday night at my dear friend's house with a party. It was so much fun and I was so proud of Gabe--he organized it all. Just reminded me what a great husband I have.

For Gabe's birthday I took him to dinner but his real party will be on Saturday when he and his friends will head to see "The Dark Knight" in the IMAX. They are all pretty pumped! I asked Gabe what kind of cake he wanted, thinking he'd want Reasor's to make a Batman cake, but he informed me he wants a yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I'm not much of a baker, so please pray for me! (Last time I made Gabe a cake like this, we were dating, and let's just say by the time it got to Gabe, all the frosting was no longer on the cake. Nice guy still ate it though.)

So on to the real news....we got to hear the baby's heartbeat! It was the most amazing thing I have ever heard. My doctor was so good about just letting us listen. Gabe just kept saying "Wow, oh wow." It was so cute. I just sat and stared at the screen. To see how much the little thing has grown in 2 weeks just amazes me. We got a final due date...drum roll please......March 3, 2009! It is so fun to have a due date. This puts me at 7 weeks and 1 day pregnant. I am halfway through my first trimester. That is just crazy. I am feeling great. I am tired and have a had a few nauseous moments but so far nothing too bad...can you say thank you Jesus! Below is our baby's first picture. Not his/her best side! :) Just look at it and imagine what a good looking baby it is! Just think as the months go on it will be more then just a blob on the screen! But seriously look how much its grown since last time.



Oh and I finally got my rule book "What to Expect When Expecting" from my doctor. It is funny because I really do not like rules and regulations in everyday life. I am more "fly by the seat of your pants" but I could not wait for this book. I never realized how many do's and don'ts there are to being pregnant. So this new book has become my new best friend.

Other than that, Gabe has started his new job and let me just say-GOD BLEW US AWAY! We knew that God was calling Gabe to a new career but we just had no idea where to look. Gabe looked for 3 solid months and was very frustrated because nothing opened up. We prayed a simple prayer: that God would open the right doors and close the wrong ones. God did exactly that and we are so grateful. God is such a good God and for anyone who is waiting on God to open doors for you--just keep waiting and praying and I promise He will not disappoint!

We go back in 4 weeks and I can't even imagine how much the little jelly bean (my sis and I decided this was the baby's new nickname) will have grown!

1 comment:

The Best Aunt in the World!! said...

That is the CUTEST little "jelly bean" that I have ever seen!! Must get the looks from Momma's side!! :) I can't wait to see the next pics!!