Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Wedding fun...



So all the wedding festivities are over and truth be told I am a little sad :( I am so excited for Megan and Luke though and am so excited for this new chapter in their lives.
Friday afternoon I went and got my toes and nails done with Megan and her family then ran around and did some errands with them. That night at 6 pm was the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner followed. Luke's parents were in charge of the rehearsal dinner and it was yummy. We went over to Famous Dave's barbecue and it was such a good time of just hanging out.



I spent the night at Meg's house after the dinner and got a chance to truly act like teenage girls again. We stayed up late, looked at all her honeymoon clothes, watched my wedding video, looked at all pictures and just laughed. I think I went to bed around 4 am and then woke up at 6:40 because of course being pregnant the baby likes to put enormous pressure on your bladder at all the wrong times! I could not go back to sleep so my day began after only 3 hrs of sleep. We all got ready at her house and her 2 friends came and did our hair and makeup. I was so glad that Megan really got to enjoy her day and God really helped to calm her down. We got ready until about 1 pm then we headed to the church. Pictures began at 2 and then the wedding was at 4. Let me just say that Megan was one of the prettiest brides I have ever seen. It was a big joke among some of the bridesmaids and myself that I am just not a cryer. I seriously never cry at the normal things. I cry at the most random things and even then it is more like just tearing up and then the moment is over. BUT before the ceremony Megan and Luke had their first look of each other by themselves (well plus the photographer) and I kinda peeked and when I saw the look on her face I could not help but tear up. To see the happiness on her face just made me so happy for her. I think that is what made her so gorgeous on that day was the love that they share together.

During the ceremony the Pastor was talking about how true love is when you make the the other person want to be a better person. I began to think about my marriage and just how truly blessed I am. For the last 6 years (2 dating and then 4 married) Gabe has always challenged me to be a better person..not by words but by how he lives his life. I love that about our marriage. I was up on stage but I wanted to run down the aisle and just sit by him and hold his hand as the pastor spoke about love and the covenant of marriage. Our marriage is definetly not perfect but I know at the end of the day we are truly and deeply in love with each other because of Christ's lvoe for us. God has been so good to us.
Megan and Luke are now in Mexico on their honeymoon and one of the bridesmaid heard from her. Not because she wanted to let everyone know she made it there safe but because she wanted to know if it was ok to shower! I swear that girl never changes! She is hillarious!
So today thank God to those who love you and remember your wedding and exactly how you felt when you saw your husband or wife for the first time.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I just saw this. I love it so much! Thanks for everything! I loved having you spend the night it was so much fun! I always knew I could make you cry! :-) Love you!