Saturday, February 7, 2009

NO I am supposed to have another month!

So I went to the doctor on Thursday for my first weekly checkup. Gabe is out of town and will not be back until next Tuesday. When he scheduled this time to be away for work I told him there was no way I would be even close to going into labor. Well lets just say that Isaiah is making sure that we know he is in charge now. I have NOT had Isaiah yet but I was informed that I was 3 centimeters dilated and 70% effaced. I know that my doctor, friend who was with me and I were all very surprised. Usually for your first child you can add about 4 days to your due date and that is when your baby will make their arrival. So needless to say I have been going crazy since Thursday organizing and trying to get all my last minute items before Isaiah makes his debut.

I have been feeling really good since Thursday and though I have had some Braxton hicks contractions I think I have at least have another week. I say that but I am new at this and I also thought I was having a girl! It is hilarious because when I told everyone my story about when we were told we were having a girl only later to be told it was a boy everyone said, "I have heard of that happening but not very often" and now when I tell people that I am 3 centimeters and 70% effaced already they say the EXACT same thing. I have a feeling this little boy is going to be full of surprises.

I will keep everyone updated but please be praying that he holds on until his Daddy gets home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea! Baby Isaiah made it to at least the day Daddy gets home to make his debut! Now only if he can wait to make his debut until Aunt Kimmy gets home on Friday :) (I'm crossing my fingers) I cannot believe it is already time to see him!! I am SOOO excited! And his room is ADORABLE! I love you and can't wait for Jelly Bean's debut! I have a feeling he is going to come with lots of surprises if he is anything like his Momma :)