Monday, February 16, 2009

"Man, I thought this thing would take, like, 2 hours..."

Hey all--

Gabe here. Kara just had her epidural put in. Contractions are coming at a fairly steady rate, although nothing major yet.

Seriously, I thought this thing would take like 2 hours. We got here a little late--mainly because we just left late, but also because McDonald's messed up our breakfast order (yeah, THAT wasn't annoying!). I must confess that I was kind of rude with the lady. Wherever you are, I'm sorry!

So instead of getting here at 7:30, we got here at 8:00. It's now 11:30. Kara's doctor broke her water to induce labor, and we've been waiting ever since. Kara really wanted to watch a movie to make the time go faster, but the only ones I brought were "24:Season 5" and "The Incredibles." I didn't even bring my Batman movies. Nonetheless, Kara was very uninterested in the ones I brought, so her sister Kim got "The Secret Life of Bees" from a nearby Redbox. The title menu music was playing while the anesthesiologist put her epidural in. Very calming.

Well that's all for now. More later.

No comments: