Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My son is here!

Hey guys!

Gabe again. Isaiah Caden is here! He was born on Monday, February 16th, 2009 at 8:04pm-- and the final stats are in: 6 lbs, 7 oz, and 20 in long. Baby and momma are doing great! (Actually, Kara looks like she just finished a day at the spa... that's how great she looks.)

I heard that some of you were freaking out because I didn't update the blog after 5:07pm on Monday night. That's because a) Kara started into hard labor around 6:45, and b) the hospital's internet connection died, so I had no online access whatsoever.

I watched the whole thing. I helped Kara push, counting to 10 as she nearly passed out. I did make this comment during a hard push: "Wow, look at that head!" Yeah, Kara didn't like that. Anyway, my son is amazing. Without any further ado, let's have some pictures.


Ain't he cute?! Thanks everyone for your love, support, and prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is absolutely precious! I am already such a proud aunt!! Kara did amazing!! And you were such an awesome coach...well except for the "big head" comment!! haha! Kara didn't like that one too much! Thank you SO much for letting me share the experience of his birth with you all! Words cannot describe how grateful I am for that! It was such an amazing experience! I cannot wait to see Isaiah grow up. He has awesome parents so I know he is going to be a wonderful child!I love you all very much and can't wait to spoil him rotten!!