Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I have a rumbly in my tumblee---



In the words of Winnie the Pooh! I am so sorry that I have been out of the loop for a while. My little man has been having some tummy issues (lots of gas which leads to fussiness which leads to no sleep for both of us).

I went to the doctor on Monday and explained it all to her. I had waited because I did not want to be one of those people that calls all the time just to hear, "Oh it's normal just give it a few days." So I waited until I just knew this WAS NOT normal. My doctor was so helpful and assured me this was not normal--he needed some help.

We put Isaiah on some medicine for reflux and we are now on a new formula (we have tried 4 different ones now plus I was breastfeeding at first) and I am praying that we finally found the cure! I was really praying we did not have to use this one because it is very expensive, and with me staying home, I began to wonder what was going to happen. Gabe and I both prayed about it and just basically asked God to take care of it. I will do whatever I have to do for my son to be happy and healthy even if that means cutting other things out of the budget. But for those of you who know the Lord, you know He is a great God and takes care of us if we will just allow him to.

I spoke with my doctor and, if this formula works (I have already seen some positive signs), she is going to get me a free CASE of it. Plus, I have a good friend whose husband works at a hospital, and they are going to be able to help us out too! Can you say, Praise God!! My doctor does not think Isaiah will have to be on this specialty formula long so what I am praying and believing is that we will not have to buy any cans of it. That would be amazing, huh?

In other Isaiah news, my doctor's office gives out Silky blankets and this has become Isaiah's favorite thing. I found him several times today with his blankie between his hands or up against his face. It is adorable! Another favorite pasttime of his: staring at the fan! He will sit for about 15 minutes and just look up at it with wonder in his eyes. If I am trying to get ready to go somewhere, I just lay a blanket on our bed and put him under the fan and this gives me at least 10 minutes to get ready. Yes, to all those that know how long I used to take to get ready I now get ready, start to finish, in about 10 minutes. The other day I tried taking a shower while I was home alone with Isaiah (he was asleep) and I think I was in there for a total of 15 seconds! Ha, ha!

As exhausting as these last few weeks have been, I find myself staring at my son and thanking the Lord for such a healthy baby. I think sometimes it is so easy to get lost in our own circumstances and we forget how good we truly have it. My son may have a tummy ache but I have a son. Many women never get to experience that joy. God has been so good to me!

Here are a few pictures of our little man...


Sorry I don't know how to turn this--just turn your head :)






Yes he looks just like his Daddy!





I LOVE his sleepers that have animals on the feet....too cute!



Isaiah and Dr. W.--BEST doctor EVER!!!


Thanks for stopping by to catch up!!

1 comment:

The Nolen's said...

he's so cute...glad i got to see you the other day. we'll have to meet soon for dinner!