Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Feeling good!


*Before surgery--isn't he the cutest patient you have ever seen*

Yesterday was Isaiah's hernia surgery and everything went as smoothly as it could. I was so proud of our little guy. The thing I was least looking forward to was not being able to feed him past 1 am (his surgery was at 7 am). I was able to give him so Pedialyte at 2:30 but that was it. I was dreading the time before surgery where he would just look at me and wonder why I wasn't feeding him. So Gabe and I prepared ourselves for a long night before surgery and you know what...he did aswesome! He got a little cranky (hungry) at 5 am but after crying for about 15 minutes he decided it wasn't worth the energry and just went back to sleep. We got to the hospital at 6 am and they had him in surgery at 7am. I handed off a sleeping baby to a nice nurse who had a warm blanket to carry him in. My mom, grandma and grandpa joined Gabe and I in the waiting room during his surgery. It was so nice to have family there to keep our minds occupied.

*Keep in mind this is after about 2 hours of sleep for me! So dont look too close*

They came and got Gabe and I at about 8 am and told us the surgery was complete and he did great. We went back to recovery and he was just waking up a bit. They wanted me to give him sugar water first to make sure he could hold it down then give him formula. Well my son wanted NOTHING to do with the sugear water so finally they let me go straight to formula and he gulped it down like a champ! We arrived back home by 10:30 am and Isaiah just slept all day. We stayed home today just to recover and he is doing great. He is eating great and not showing any signs of discomfort. He is all smiles so I am pretty sure he is saying, "thanks for taking care of all that!"



*After surgery with Daddy*

Thank you so much for all the prayers and phone calls. We are so blessed to have such great family and friends. We are so happy to be past this little bump in the road!

1 comment:

Cari Smith said...

O Kara he looks so cute! I'm glad everything went well. I knew it would.