Friday, January 23, 2009

just checking in....

Just wanted to let everyone know we are still here and doing well. Its been a very busy couple of weeks and I am starting to tire out a lot faster. It is hard to believe that in a little over a month we will be bringing our son home.

Last week we went to see our doctor (our appointments are every 2 weeks-but after next weeks appointment we will jump to weekly visits!) and he said that if all goes according to plan he would be down with inducing me on March 2nd in the evening and then I would probably deliver on the 3rd (which is my due date). He said the only thing that has to needs to happen before he does this is for my body to be showing signs of gearing up for labor. For those of us rookies this means that certain parts of my body begin to expand while others thin out (WOO HOO-sounds like a blast). We are looking into induction because we really want Gabe's parents here for the birth-so please pray my little guy works with us.

Tomorrow I have my 2nd shower and I am looking forward to spending the day with everyone. This one is for family and close friends of the family. There will be several people I have not seen in years so it will be a great time of catching up.

Thanks for all the nice comments on the nursery pictures. It is my first real do it yourself project in the house and its nice to hear we didn't do too bad!

Thanks for all the prayers for me and the baby over the months-keep them coming! We love you guys! I will try and post pics soon from the shower tomorrow.

No comments: