Thursday, January 8, 2009

Can we just stay here?

On Monday night, Gabe and I went and toured the hospital where I will be delivering. It is a newer hospital in our area so neither of us had been there yet. We figured it might be a good idea to learn ahead of time where we needed to go when the time comes.

Every month they have a scheduled time for free tours, and you just show up. We got there and we were the only ones there for the tour! I figured just some random volunteer would show us through the hospital, but to our great surprise, one of the labor/delivery nurses did it. We got there and I think I asked her about 100 questions and Gabe another 100. She showed us this neat little slide show that went over the basics and then took us up to the maternity floor. You know that "Eww gross!" smell that usually resides in a hospital? Yeah, it was nowhere to be smelled. It was the cleanest, quietest and, nicest hospital I have ever been in.

We got to see the rooms where we will deliver and the post partum rooms. I got a little weepy/overwhelmed when I stood in the rooms where the baby will be born. I thought, "Wow! Next time I'm in here, I will be having our son." It was so exciting! The nurse was so sweet. She answered all our questions and allowed us to look at the rooms more then once because, as you read in our previous post, Gabe must take pictures of everything! I am really hoping she is there when Isaiah arrives. She said they have a pretty small staff, so the chance of her being there is pretty high. That makes me so happy! I walked by the waiting room and I could just picture our families and friends filling that place to the brim. It is going to be so much fun but I looked at her and said, "Are you sure your staff is ready for us?" I can only imagine all the the shenanigans that some of our more... ahem, outgoing... family members will pull while they're there. On the way out, we actually asked her if we could just stay there until Isaiah gets here. Ha ha! Below are a few pictures of the room...



This Saturday is my first baby shower and I am so excited. It is so funny because I look back at Christmas and the best gifts were the ones that we received for Isaiah. I think the mommy in me is kicking in, and everything my little man receives is so special. It is going to be so much fun to begin to dream of all the things he will do with his gifts he receives on Saturday... how he will look in a certain outfit, squealing in delight as he plays with a new toy, his first bath... and so many more memories we'll make.

Oh, --and totally off subject-- I am now a brown-haired girl. I still have a little blonde but I was wanting something new and funky and I got it! I absolutely love it-I will have to post pictures of it after the shower.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Kimmy is movin in! That hospital room is really nice :) I cannot wait for little "Jelly Bean" to come! I still can't believe how fast the time is coming! I just can't believe that my sister is getting ready to be a Mommy :) I cannot wait to see him for the 1st time and spoil him rotten!! Love you both and can't wait for Isaiah :)

Mima said...

It's great that you guys like the hospital and the staff that will be taking care of you! This will really help you feel more at ease when the time comes, so the whole process will go smoother. Your doctor looks as young as you do!! Guess that means I'm getting older. Hurry! I need a grandbaby quick! :)
MUCH LOVE to you, Mom Harris