Friday, January 2, 2009

Don't be jealous...

So what does a young couple do on a Friday night? Well-- if you're cool like we are-- you go to an early dinner and then head to Babies 'R Us to work on your registry. Ha ha! I know you are wishing you could only be half as cool as we are.

Tonight right after work we went to an early dinner and then I somehow managed to talk Gabe into heading to Babies 'R Us. I have done most of the registry online but there are just certain things you need to see before you decide what you want.

I needed to figure out bottles mostly. Does anyone know why they make SO many different kinds?! Its truly overwhelming for a first time mom. I have been researching for weeks now and finally just picked the one that seemed to fit what I was looking for--but again I wanted to go in the store to actually see them. To keep Gabe occupied, I gave him the camera (BIG mistake) to document this experience. As I was walking around I would occasionally see Gabe hiding behind displays to try and get "candid" shots. It was pretty funny. I am sure many people in there got a kick out of it. Below are a few of the pictures he took.

[Hubby's note: I was only doing what my wife asked of me. She deleted some of my "candid" shots--approximately six of them--because she didn't like the way she looked in them. It's hard to be an artist when you're censored like I am. Sheesh. Oh, and you'll notice that I'm sporting a Batman t-shirt. Oh yeah.]

We were there for about an hour or so and then my sciatic nerve began to hurt. (Yeah, I just realized I sound like an 80-year-old woman.) I definitely have the pregnant "waddle" now due to this new pain. Sometimes I feel like I just kind of throw my legs out in front of me. Its pretty funny and much of my family has pointed this new phenomenon out to me! So seriously... could we get any more loser-ish! Ha Ha!

In other news, we had another appointment today and got to see Isaiah. He is growing and getting so big. He was blowing bubbles at one point--it made us all laugh. Below are pictures from the appointment.

[Hubby's Note: We'll have ultrasound pictures to post soon, most notably a shot that I asked our doctor to take of Isaiah's package. He's a real man, and he definitely wanted us all to see it. Just wanted to brag about that.]

My wonderful friend Tracey and her adorable daughter Laney got to join us. Also, that is my AMAZING doctor with us. I have been blessed with a great doctor and nurse. Dr. W is a believer and I love talking to him about this process.

I will now be going every 2 weeks to see my super cool doctor. So hard to believe we are already at that point!

Hope you all had a blessed weekend!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey guys! This is the wonderful friend Tracey, um Gabe was a little too excited to see the "package" Kara and I had to hold him back. It was great to get to go with Kara and Gabe to see Isaiah in the flesh! Hahahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

Great blog... oh and Gabe, I liked the blog last time, and told Kara about it (in person) and she said that I needed to comment... so here's my comment :) Loved the "it's not all about me" anymore...so true! Not to mention when you walk into a room carrying the baby, people won't see you or say hi to you anymore, they go straight to be baby...so prepare yourself for that!

Anonymous said...

You have the glow my sweet daughter! Isaiah is very lucky to have you and Gabe as parents. His life will never be boring! I just can't believe we have just weeks to go. It is going to be fun this month having your baby showers. It's now all about Isaiah (not really, it still is about you and Gabe, too!)

Love,
Mom