Monday, January 12, 2009

1 down, 2 to go and then Baby!

Hey friends! We just had a wonderful yet busy weekend. We started out Friday by getting Isaiah's furniture delivered. We had ordered it back in December but we waited until after the new year to get it delivered. It looks so good!

Then on Saturday I went to my first shower. My friends Tracey and Ginger threw the shower for me, and all my church ladies came. On the way over I realized just how close we are getting to seeing our little man. It hit me all of a sudden that I was driving to MY shower not one of my friends...it was very surreal. We were so blessed with many things for Isaiah. He is going to be one loved little baby. Below are some pictures from the shower.

*most adorable cake ever*
*my sissy, mom and friend Judy
* My wonderful friends who hosted the shower*
*opening Isaiah's bathtub*
*you know Daddy was excited about this gift*
*cute little Laney bug-she was our entertainment*

*opening more gifts* *unwrapping the letters for Isaiah's wall (see below to see them hung up)*

On Sunday my friend Tracey came over to help hang everything up on Isaiah's walls. While she was hanging, I organized. I was laughing because if anyone knew me 5 years ago you would laugh at how organized I have become. My mom and I were just laughing at this yesterday. I was the most disorganized and cluttered person ever. Somewhere in the last 5 years I decided I like organization and planning. I was so excited yesterday to get everything in the drawers and just gaze at the order of it all. I will have to pull everything out for a wash day (I am waiting until all the showers are over so I can do it all at once) but just the idea of waiting to start putting everything away just stresses me out. Here are some pics of Isaiah's room with some of the things hung up. And notice the pictures of the inside of the drawers-my pride and joy. And yes I know that they will never look like this again once Isaiah comes-so let me enjoy it now! :)



I LOVE how his letters turned out. Thanks J--you did an AWESOME job!!!

5 comments:

Jill said...

The nursery looks AMAZING!! You did such a great job! I think we have the same dresser :-)

Sean C said...

Wow, you guys look like you're doing great! (Except for the facial growth on Gabriel's face;) Seriously, you guys are looking fantastic and I'm so happy for you 2+1. I didn't realize you guys had such a beautiful house! Is Gabe still working at that job I helped him find? It's good to hear about you guys. I'll check back frequently fellow blogger :)

Anonymous said...

looks so good. i loveeeeeeeee the letters!

Megan said...

Those letters are soo cute! Really great!

Anonymous said...

the room is realllly coming together - now all you need is Isaiah! :)