Thursday, September 18, 2008

"You Have Stolen My Heart"... and Other Mushy-ness

Kara and I just finished watching "Made of Honor" with Patrick Dempsey. Cute movie, especially if you're married. The main character in the movie, Tom (Dempsey's character), doesn't realize how important his best friend is to him until she decides to get married. He spends the the last half of the movie trying to win her back. Does he? Well you'll have to see it for yourself.

I love that Dashboard Confessional song at the end, "Stolen." It makes me think about Kara. Have you heard it? Well you can click here to watch the music video if you haven't. It's been around for a while, but it was the first time I heard it and I loved it!


Anyway, the movie made me SO glad that I married my best friend. Kara knows me better than anybody and I can't live without her. She's absolutely beautiful--inside and out--and I'm so glad she said "Yes!" to marrying me.

I also want to give a shout out to my parents. Dad, I learned how to love Kara by watching the way you loved Mom. You never yelled at her, raised your hand against her, or did anything that made me doubt your love for her. You always told me: "The best thing you can do for your children is to love your wife." Well, I agree. That was the best thing you ever did for me. You guys are truly best friends. You still hold hands and laugh like high schoolers, and I think it's awesome. (For those of you who didn't know, Mom and Dad just celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary. That's a miracle in this country.)



Mom, I always looked for your qualities in the woman I wanted to marry. You always knew how to make us feel loved and cared for, and you always went the extra mile to give me little things I wanted. They weren't expensive things, but they made me fee really special. Remember when you'd bring home those toy Transformers and baseball cards? Or that Glenn Miller CD? Weird things I know, but I think I still have most of them. You are a legendary mother. When I see Kara holding children... whenever we talk about Olivia Grace... I see you in her. Thank you for setting the bar.

Mom and Dad, you guys are godly parents. Not perfect, but godly. And you just get better with age. Dad, you're so much more fun now that you've discovered the Xbox 360. Mom, thanks for passing on life lessons to me... like financial stewardship (we love Dave Ramsey, don't we?), parenting advice, and your constant reminders to slow down and enjoy life before it passes you by. I love you guys, and because you've loved me so well, I know how to love Kara, Olivia, and other children to come.

Well, enough mushy-ness for now. Quick, Batman, do something manly! Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh (ripping my chest hair out... the little I have)!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! We are mushy!
And I love it!
Good for you guys!

Love, Char