Thursday, September 11, 2008

Drumroll Please.....

So here's the news you have all been waiting for! I know you've been staring at your computer with baited breath, hoping for an update. (Okay, maybe not.) We are having...



A BAT-GIRL!!! That is what Gabe likes to call her. Of course, I don't think she is going to have blonde hair and that light of skin but you get the idea. Our Batgirl will have a nice little mocha tan year round.

We went to the doctor yesterday and our little girl was being so modest, as any good girl should be, so it took a while for the doctor to give us the verdict. He is 80-90% sure that it is a girl. He doesn't want to give us a 100% until we go back and get what my stepdad likes to call the "money shot." (Ha ha!) The doctor said that yes, there is still a small chance it is a boy and if Batgirl ends up being a little Batman, we will be just as thrilled. So we're not painting any rooms pink just yet.

My doctor is amazing and really spent time looking at the baby on the ultrasound. When he first walked in, I grabbed his hand and told him word for word that "it was imperative to know today what we were having because I have to put it on my blog." He just laughed!

It was amazing because not only did we get to find out the gender, but the pictures on the screen were so vivid. We saw her spinal cord, her brain, her arms and legs, eye sockets....EVERYTHING! It was amazing. The doctor told us that she looks perfect. I loved everything about yesterday and today it's weird how much more connected I feel to her now that I can call our baby a "her" rather then "it." I have been talking to her all day and just cannot stop day dreaming about her.

Below are some pics from the doctors appointment:

Gabe, my mom, and my sister were there with me and we had to get some pictures to remember the day.


And then the last one is with my nurse, "L" (won't say her full name for privacy reasons) who I love! L, if you are reading this, thanks for helping me through the first 3 months with the headaches. I think I talked to you more some days then I did my own family. God bless you for the work you do and the great attitude you have every time I see you or talk to you.



Next time I will get a picture of my doctor on here, but when he was in the room another little girl stole the show. Also, as I was telling my doctor about the importance of my blogging he informed if I bring in a disc he can copy all sorts of ultra sound pictures from the machine, so I can share them with you all.

Ta-ta for now, blog fans. Looks like your vote was right! Don't forget to leave a comment!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seeing "Jelly Bean" on the ultrasound first hand was absolutely AMAZING!! I think it really made it seem real to me! It's still crazy to think that my little sister is going to have a baby...and I'm going to be an aunt!!I cannot wait!I love the little Batgirl picture!I can't believe you put it on your entry and Gabe didn't yet!That's hilarious!Well I can't wait until you go back in 3 weeks just to confirm that little Jelly Bean was just being a modest little girl(that is how she needs to be..haha) Love you sis! :) Aren't you proud, I commented!!

Anonymous said...

Our comment!

Wow! Aren't sonograms absolutely amazing! But the joke will be on you guys if that modest little girl is actually a BAT-BOY! LOL!

Wishing you well -- so sorry to hear about your headaches, but glad to hear that they are letting up!

We'll keep praying for you guys!

May I share our daughter-in-law's website about being a mother of 7 kids? http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/grapesandolives

Will bookmark this so we can check it now and then -- now it is up to you to keep it going with the updates, etc. :) Love the pics!

Anonymous said...

OOOhhhh! That little girl is gonna be SO spoiled!! And she'll have Gabe wrapped around her little finger- it's the gift of being a daddy's girl- i know firsthand :) Glad to hear that you're doing well! We still have to do lunch... Hopefully, we can actually do it BEFORE Batgirl comes... What do you think?? :)

Gavin's Mama said...

Congrats! What fun, to dress her up in pink and bows!! Can't wait to meet her... you all are in our prayers!