Sunday, June 29, 2008

Boy? Girl? No--A Superhero!

I'm going to be a dad!

"I don't understand these stick things." That's what Kara remembers. That's what the world will remember after reading our blog. Yep, there's Gabe. Clueless. Ha ha!

I am still getting used to the idea of a child. Kara says the baby has a heartbeat now, which is unreal. The baby will be here in no time. I have a feeling that 9 months will come and go. We're already one month in! And there's so much to learn... like, how does one change a dookie-filled diaper without gagging?

I want my kid to be a superhero. There's only one Batman--me--but he or she can be plenty of other heroes: Iron Man, Spider Man, Superman, Catwoman... the list goes on and on. But seriously, I'm going to train strong, healthy kids. I joked with Kara today that we need to prophesy athletic prowess over her womb so the baby can play professional sports and we won't have to work anymore!

Someday soon, I'll get to read stories to my child. Some Bible stories, Tales of the Batman, and other fun stuff. I talked to my baby the other day. I said hello. It was strange. Then Kara told me the baby didn't have ears yet. Guess she ruined THAT moment. ;)

So, have you seen Bill Cosby's stand-up routine called "Himself?" Rent it. It's HILARIOUS. He says: "My children have come to know my mother as a sweet, caring person. I keep telling them, 'This is not the woman I grew up with. This is an old person trying to work her way into heaven.'" He also mentions how happy his parents are when chaos is going on in his house. They watch with glee as he chases his children around the house, breaking up fights, cleaning up messes. His dad asks, "Having a little trouble there, huh son?" That'll be MY Dad for sure. But you know what?

I can't wait.

1 comment:

Mima said...

That'll be your Mom too, Gabe! :)But we'll be sooo happy and proud, as we are now, with lots of prayers going up.

I think the baby should be "Storm" if it's a girl. She's cool. "Supergirl" is archaic.

This blogging thing is really fun! A first time, for ME at least. You guys have helped me to catch up with the times. It'll be interesting to see what your kids will be doing when you are our age!

Love you guys,

Mima to be