Sunday, June 29, 2008

What baby Harris is up to...

Okay, so we have pretty much let everyone know we are pregnant so we can start posting! I wanted to wait until we had announced it before I made my blog public...so here it is.
I will go to the doctor on Tuesday July 1st and find out what my due date is.

It's so funny because we have been talking about getting pregnant for so long and now that we are, I think we both are still trying to comprehend it! Ha ha... I never knew how many "do's and don'ts" there are about pregnancy. I am excited to go to the doctor and get a run down of what I can do and what I need to steer clear of. For instance, anyone who knows me knows that I have headaches and I really have just gotten used to them... pop an Excedrin and move on. WELL you can't take Excedrin when you're pregnant or Ibuprofen. I mean, I will do whatever I need to do to have a healthy baby but I just need to know the "rules." I have been informed that this week at the doctor I will get the book "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and that lists everything for you.

So far I am feeling great--tired, but that's it. It is kinda funny because for the last month I have been dragging. I was really starting to feel lazy! So really nothing has changed since finding out--just still tired. I am continuing to pray and believe that I will bypass most of the morning sickness. Do you know I read that only 50% of women get morning sickness and it usually shows up around 6 weeks? The other day I looked up what is happening to our baby and it is crazy what is already taking place inside me. I truly don't understand how someone can experience being pregnant or have a loved one go through it and not believe in God. This process just amazes me.

So there is my update for now.

1 comment:

Mima said...

Kara,

You are so right; the process really is amazing, and we serve an amazing God!

Be encouraged; I'm among the 50% of women who did NOT have morning sickness with either of our 3 children. I'm claiming this for you, too! However, I did feel like the GoodYear blimp as time went along...but this won't happen to you.

Love you,

Mima to be