Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The First Step: Isaiah's Dedication



Saturday night was Isaiah's dedication and it was such a great time. Gabe and I recently started going to Destiny Church and we LOVE it! Saturday night they dedicated almost 30 babies and children. As I was listening to Pastor Mike talk about what baby dedication meant, it was exciting to know that our church is dedicated to raising up the next generation.

We had a pretty big group join us for Isaiah's dedication. We had well over 15 people (that is how many seats I saved and we ran out) there to celebrate this day with us. Isaiah is the first grandchild on both sides and the first baby in my family in many, many years! We were so sad that Gabe's parents couldn't join us but we will receive a DVD shortly of the service so we can send that to them. Isaiah looked so cute and behaved very well. He slept in my arms until it was time to go up on stage and then he was wide awake. I am posting some pictures below.


Thank you to everyone who came out to be a part of this day in our son's life. Gabe and I have decided we have the best family and friends in the world. God has blessed us with such great people. Thank you for being so good to us!



Today I decided to see what Isaiah thought of driving his car. He thought it was okay... for a few minutes.


Doesn't he look like a stud?!? Gabe says it's good training for driving the Batmobile. I love the shot of his little feet. I know before too long, his feet will be touching the ground!

3 comments:

Aunt Kimmy said...

I love the new pictures! I have the CUTEST nephew in the whole wide world (and of course the best sister in the world too)! I still cannot believe how big little man is getting! He is just precious. I cannot wait to see him again :) And maybe this time he will actually be awake so Aunt Kimmy can hold him :) Love you all!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What cute pictures...Just found your blog and enjoyed reading it.
I hope you will stop by and visit me. The May give away has started....and next week I will be blogging from Disney World.

Mima said...

Mima and Gramps sure wish we could have been there at the dedication! We praise the Lord for the godly heritage he has in you both as Christian parents, and we are confident that God has wonderful plans for Isaiah. The pictures are great - thank you for posting them. Looking forward to the DVD!