Monday, March 2, 2009

2 weeks already??


I cannot believe that my son has been with us for 2 weeks already-that is half a month! We are trying to get into a routine and Isaiah is not getting the memo that most people (including his mom and dad) enjoy sleeping when it is dark outside. He likes to just hang out from about 4 am until 8 am and then when its time for the rest of the world to wake up he decides to head back to sleep. He rules the roost around our household!

Gabe's parents are in town and Isaiah is soaking up all the kisses and hugs. He is such a charmer. I swear he has never thrown a fit when there is company here-he knows how to work it. It just cracks me up because when it is just me and him he has no problem putting his vocal pipes to work.

Our little boy is officially outgrowing all of his preemie clothes and now fits into newborn sizes. He is just so long! The newborn outfits are a little big but fit perfectly length wise. I think we are going to have a basketball player on our hands.

Isaiah has begun to stay awake a lot longer after his feedings and just gaze at everything. Since I am using my blog to track our little mans life I wanted to start making lists of things he likes and doesn't like. Sorry if this bores you but if you haven't noticed already I am pretty much obsessed with the little man.

Likes:
*laying on his Bobby and just looking around
*being held against anyone's chest
*loud noises (anything loud and obnoxious puts him to sleep)
*baths
*when Mommy sings "Jesus Loves Me" even though she has an awful voice!
*LOVES to eat

Dislikes:
*changing his clothes
*changing his diaper
*his crib (why oh why do we even have a nursery?)
*silence (he will wake up from a dead sleep if it gets to quiet)

--------Okay I have been working on this post for 3 days now--I am just going to post it before he is 3 weeks old!! I am not doing any proofing so please forgive me!----------

Some new pictures of the little man! Oh and as of Tuesday he was weighing in at 7 pounds 1 ounce.


Good Morning!What this isn't a bed for me?Daddy is silly!

That is all for now! I will try and be better at keeping up with the blog!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is such a cutie!! So perfect! Glad to see you guys are doing well and it's great to see the updated pictures :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the new pictures! I can't believe my little buddy is almost 3 weeks old already!! Boy how time flies. He is so cute :) Can't wait to hang out with him tonight and ALL day next Wednesday! We are going to have fun :)LOVE YOU!!

Jill said...

Isaiah is too cute! I'm sure you are having a blast with him!! I can't wait for him and Jace to meet!

Anonymous said...

yep he's a cutie! :) come see us, we miss ya!

Anonymous said...

i love all the pictures!!! he is so adorable i cant wait to see him again

Elissa said...

He's so darling, excited to see you have more pictures up. PJ and I can't wait to meet him. Glad to see you're doing well and have lots of help!!!
We love you all!

Elissa

Diane K said...

The photos are great! I especially love the one at the top where he's looking goofy. (Of course, he IS a little Gabe and one of my nicknames for Gabe is Goofy, so I guess that makes sense!) We'll be praying all goes well on Monday and Tuesday. There is almost nothing that stretches your faith like being a parent and knowing how truly helpless you are and how much you must rely on the Father to keep your kids! Love to the three of you!