Saturday, August 16, 2008

"Did you swallow an iPod?"

Hello everyone, Kara here. Thanks for all the prayers... my headaches are definitely getting better. My doctor said he thinks they should be gone by the end of the first trimester, which (unbelievably) is in 1 week! I can't believe I will be 12 weeks along next Wednesday.

We went in and got to see "Jelly Bean" on Wednesday (August 13th), and this baby is already a character. It would not even sit still for a picture. We were able to get another look at it and it was just dancing around. My doctor was laughing and asked me what kind of music I had on the iPod I swallowed! Heart rate this time was around 170 and Jelly Bean was having a great time in there. It was amazing to me that you can already see its legs and arms so perfectly. It was so nice to be able to see and hear him/her in there. I think all my headaches had made me start to think, "Is this normal? Is the baby okay?" But once I saw the picture on screen and heard the heartbeat, it was like he/she was saying, "Mom I am having a great time in here-don't worry about me!"

I will be going back in 4 more weeks and my doctor said he will start looking to determine the gender. It may be this time we find out, but if not, then definitely the next time. I can't believe that I could know what we are having in a little less than a month. Gabe and I would be truly happy with either a boy or girl as long as it's healthy. Still thinking though names but we are pretty excited about a few. I think once we know we will really start narrowing it down. I will keep you posted.

I will try and get a good picture of the sonogram or maybe I can scan it and get it uploaded. But like I said, it is not the best picture because of the dancing!

No comments: