Monday, October 20, 2008

Better than MTV Cribs!

Hey all!

Sorry it has been so long since we have checked in. We have been busy trying to get baby boy Harris's nursery together. First things first...we have decided on a name for our little bundle. Our son will be named Isaiah Caden. Gabe has always loved this name and we tried many other names out, but they just never quite fit. We thought long and hard about this decision and we just knew this was his name. We love the meaning--

Isaiah- means salvation of God
Caden- fighter/companion

We have been busy with nursery preparations. I returned the girl bedding and picked out my fabric for a crib set. My stepmom will be making this for me because I could not find anything pre-made that I just loved. My colors are black, white and green. I am so excited to see how the bedding looks when it is finished. I am going for a very modern and clean look.

We went crib shopping yesterday and ordered our bed. My grandpa and grandma L. bought it for us and it was such a blessing. It was so much fun to go crib shopping with my mom and grandma (along with Gabe :) ). Here is a picture of the crib we ended up getting (please excuse the pink bedding they had in it) :


It should arrive within the next few weeks. I just love the simplicity of it. We will be getting black furniture to go along with the crib. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Oh and Baby Isaiah has been letting his mommy know that he likes to be awake at night. I will lay down for bed and that is when he starts moving all around. The first time I ever felt him I was lying on my stomach for just a few seconds and he did not like that! I think he was feeling squished and he began rolling around (or that is what it felt like) until I turned over. It was so exciting to feel. He is going to be a night owl I can already tell.

Just our quick update on how things are around the Harris home. We hope that everyone is doing well.

2 comments:

The Best Aunt in the World!! said...

The crib is SOOO cute! I can't wait to see it when it is all put together :) Sorry I couldn't go :( Next time you go to buy something, I am definitely going! LOVE YOU!!

Anonymous said...

AAhh that looks like so much fun. What a nice thing for Gma and Gpa L to buy for you. I bet the room is going to be so cute. Maxton is growing so fast. You should come see him sometime.